The tables are graced with gorgeous centerpieces, the place settings are aligned and waiting for dinner to be served, the chef is busy preparing and the cake is just waiting to be cut, let the party begin! Let’s be real – the ceremony is beautiful and meaningful and a moment you will never forget but THIS is where the celebration happens!
Wedding receptions also make for some of the best photos! We want to capture each of those details you worked hard on (table settings, place cards, favors, etc) but also each of those moments that unfold here and of course grandma dancing like she hasn’t since she was a bride herself. Here are just a few precious moments that might take place at your reception:
- First dance – sure you’ve danced together but this is YOUR song on YOUR day and now you are husband and wife
- Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances – admittedly it’s usually a safe bet that one parent or the other might shed a few tears
- Toasts – hearing your best attributes and your most embarrassing moments toasted by your best friends is definitely photo-worthy
- Cake Cutting – from sweet moments to “smashing” moments we’ve got it all captured
- Exits – from sparklers to bubbles to lightsabers – the options are as endless as the photo opportunities
You won’t even notice us as we walk around capturing the party – capturing every detail you stressed over, every couple swaying in each other’s arms, every bridesmaid pulling out her best moves on the dance floor. We’ll be there when that bouquet is tossed, that garter is caught and the DJ turns up the ChaCha Slide. We won’t miss when mom steals a dance with your new groom when the ring bearer decides he can breakdance, and the last glasses of champagne are clinked together in cheers to the happy couple.
Whether you have a hundred people or ten people at your celebration the wedding reception is where you get to unwind and savor the moment. You’ve worked long and hard putting all the details together and this is the culmination of all of that, enjoy it. Quite literally – eat, drink, and be married!